Reserve an IP Address
If you want to build a network using static IP addresses, IONOS Cloud offers you the option to reserve IP addresses for a fee. You can register one or more addresses in an IP block using the DCD's IP Manager. It is not possible to reserve a specific IP address; you are assigned a random address by IONOS Cloud.
An IP address can only be used in the data center from the region where it was reserved. Therefore, if you need an IP address for your virtual data center in Karlsruhe, you should reserve the IP address there. Each IP address can only be used once, but different IP addresses from a block can be used in different networks, provided these networks are provisioned in the same region where the IP block is located.
Reserving and using IP addresses is restricted to authorized users only. Contract owners and administrators may grant privileges to reserve IP addresses.
1. Open the IP Manager: Menu > MANAGER Resources > IP Manager.
2. Click on + Reserve IPs.
3. Enter the following IP block information:
- Name: Enter a name for the IP block.
- Number of IPs: Enter the number of IPs you want to reserve.
- Region: Enter the location of the IONOS data center where you want your IPs to be available.
4. Confirm your entries by clicking Reserve IPs.
Reserve IPs from the IP Manager by clicking + Reserve IP in the top left corner
The number of IPs you have reserved are available as an IP block. The IP block details should now be visible on the right.
IP addresses cannot be returned individually, but only as a block and only when they are not in use. Please keep in mind that if you return a static IP address, you can't reserve it again afterwards.
- 1.Open the IP Manager: Menu > MANAGER Resources > IP Manager.
- 2.Ensure the IPs you want to release are not in use.
- 3.Select the required IP block.
- 4.Click Delete to return the IP block to the pool.
- 5.In the dialog that appears, confirm your action by clicking OK.
Return an IP block by highlighting the block and clicking Delete. A confirmation dialog will open
The IP block and all IP addresses contained are released and removed from your IONOS Cloud account.