Create Buckets & Folders
- consist of 3 to 63 digits
- start with a letter or a number
- consist of lower case letters (a-z) and numbers (0-9)
The use of hyphens (-), periods (.), and underscores (_) is conditional. The name must not:
- end with a period, hyphen, or underscore.
- consist of multiple periods in a row (...)
- contain hyphens next to periods.
- have the format of an IPv4 address (e. g. 192.168.1.4).
- contain underscores if the bucket is to be used for auto-tiering later.
Prerequisites: Make sure you are logged on to the IONOS S3 Object Storage using the Object Storage Management Console.
1. In the Buckets tab, click + ADD NEW BUCKET.
2. In Bucket Name, enter a name that adheres to the naming convention for buckets and objects.
3. Leave the default values set for Region.
4. Click Create.
When creating a bucket, make sure you have chosen a unique name.
The bucket is created unless a bucket with the same name already exists in the IONOS S3 Object Storage.
Storage Policy and Region cannot be changed after a bucket has been created.
Prerequisites: Make sure you are logged on to the IONOS S3 Object Storage using the Object Storage Management Console. Only bucket owners can create a folder.
1. Open the bucket to which to add a folder. The Objects tab opens.
2. Click + CREATE FOLDER. A popup window will open.
3. In the Folder Name field, enter a name that adheres to the naming convention.
4. Click OK to save the settings.
Click + CREATE FOLDER to name a new folder.
Enter an appropriate name.
The folder is created and displayed in the bucket to which it belongs. Please keep in mind that this folder cannot be renamed. Objects that have already been uploaded cannot be moved to a different folder.
Buckets must be empty before they can be deleted.
Prerequisites: Make sure that the bucket does not contain any objects. You must be logged in to the IONOS S3 Object Storage using the Object Storage Management Console and be the bucket owner.
- 1.Open the Buckets tab.
- 2.Click Delete next to the selected item.
- 3.In the dialog, confirm the action by clicking Ok.
Click the Delete icon next to the respective bucket
The bucket is deleted and cannot be restored.