Comment on page
Features and Benefits
This section lists the key features and benefits of using the Logging Service.
- Scalability: It is designed to handle extensive volumes of logs and scale up or down according to needs.
- Availability: The logs are available 24/7 and can be accessed from anywhere using a web-based interface.
- Security: The logs are secured using necessary encryption, access controls, and audit trails.
- Customization: The service can be customized according to your needs. For example, defining log retention periods, setting up alerts, or creating custom dashboards.
- Reduced Costs: It eliminates the need to invest in hardware and software for log management. Also, you only pay for the services utilized; thus, resulting in significant cost savings.
- Increased Efficiency: It automates log management tasks such as log collection, storage, and analysis; thus, reducing the time and effort required to manage logs manually.
- Improved Troubleshooting: It provides real-time access to log data, which facilitates speedy problem identification and resolution.
- Compliance: It helps organizations meet compliance requirements by providing secure log storage and access controls.
- Manage Log sources: You can create different pipelines for different environments or sources. It can also be more competitive as each pipeline instance has its own
Keyfor the Logging Server. Also, each pipeline can have multiple log sources differentiated by a
- Auto Log Source Labeling: Seamless label synchronization is available for standard log sources, such as Docker, Kubernetes, and Linux Systemd. The log sources are labeled automatically and can be reported or analyzed in Grafana with the same labels. Labels are relative to each source. For example,
namespacefor Kubernetes or
container_idfor Docker. You can also define your custom labels while creating a pipeline without standard log sources.
- Grafana Features: Grafana, a visualization platform, is rich in capabilities that make the service more advantageous from a competitive standpoint. The supported features include dashboards, alerting options, custom datastores, etc.
- Data Encryption:
- Server-Side Encryption (SSE): All the data are encrypted at the data store level using an S3 Server-Side Encryption.
- Client-Side Encryption (CSE): Besides SSE, an additional CSE encrypts data before it is transferred to the data store. It is impossible to decrypt the data even if the SSE is bypassed to gain access to the data store.
- Simple Client-Side Setup: The following are mandatory to set up a client-side:
Tag, and a