Manage Backup Units
For the management of your backups, a graphical user interface is available: the Backup Management Console. Therein you can organize your backups and backup plans, activate backup agents and generate tokens.
The Backup Management Console only allows you access to Backup Units for which you are authorized. The login is possible at one click (single sign-on) directly from the DCD, or manually using the corresponding URL provided you know the login credentials of the required Backup Unit.
The Backup Management Console is only available in English.
Start from the DCD Menu > Storage by selecting the required Backup Unit in Backups:
Use the Backup Console dropdown to select a Backup Unit and open the Console popup.
Alternatively, go to Menu > Storage > Backup Unit Management
Use the Open Console function within the Backup Unit Manager
The Backup Management Console is created. You can now manage the backups and backup plans of the selected Backup Unit or add further devices.
The Backup Management Console initial view of the Dashboard.
The Backup Management Console provides detailed information and instructions on installing backup agents and managing backups.
1 - Acronis Web Help 2 - IONOS Cloud User Guide
The Devices view shows a list of all automated backups.
You may run a backup right away:
The backup system sends out a status report e-mail on a regular basis:
You may change the default backup schedule at any time.
It is possible to set up automated backups on an existing server, even on servers that have been provisioned with other than IONOS images. The details of the procedure depend on the operating system used.
1. If no Backup Unit is available, create one.
2. Connect to the required server.
3. Open the Backup Management Console.
4. Download the backup agent for your OS.
5. Install the backup agent and follow the instructions.
6. Register the backup agent in the Backup Management Console using the code generated during installation if this has not been done automatically.
7. Enable backups for the VM.
Automated backups according to the default backup schedule are set up. You may run a backup right away and change the default backup schedule at any time. The backup system sends out a status report e-mail on a regular basis.
1. Create a Backup Unit if none is available.
2. Download the backup agent in the Backup Management Console.
3. Select Add > Add Devices
4. Start the installation process and follow the instructions of the installation wizard.
5. In the Backup Management Console, register the VM with its backup agent.
The VM is registered. Now you can enable backups for the VM.
Automated backups have been set up for the selected VM.
1 - Acronis Web Help 2 - IONOS User Guide