Comment on page
Connect LAN to a Cross Connect
The Workspace allows you to associate multiple VDCs with each other, via a LAN, with an existing Cross Connect or you can also create a connection instantly. For more information about how to create a connection instantly using the + option, see Create a Cross Connect.
To connect VDCs via the Workspace, follow these steps:
- 2.Click on the VDC that you want to connect with other VDCs by means of a Cross Connect.
- 3.Drag a Cross Connect element from the Palette to the Workspace.
- 5.Select the Cross Connect element in the Workspace.
- 6.From the drop-down list in the Inspector pane, select an existing connection to associate your VDC with it. The list displays the connections that belong to the same region and are under the same contract and also new Cross Connects that are not assigned to any VDC. You can also click + to instantly create a new connection to associate a new connection with the VDC.
Connect VDCs via Cross Connect
- 7.Make further changes to your data center, if necessary. This is optional.
- 8.Provision your changes.
Result: The selected VDC is now added to the Cross Connect and is connected with all VDCs that belong to this connection. The following example shows how two separate VDCs in the same location are connected via a single Cross Connect.
Two different VDCs connected via Cross Connect