IONOS DBaaS offers you to use a replicated MongoDB setup in minutes.
Compatibility: DBaaS currently supports MongoDB version 5.0.
Locations: Offered only in limited locations due to technical reasons. Currently available are
High availability: Multi-instance clusters across different physical hosts with automatic data replication and failure handling.
Security: Communication between instances and between the client and cluster are protected with TLS using Let's Encrypt.
Backup: Daily snapshots are kept for up to seven days.
Restore: Databases can be restored in-place.
Resources: Cluster instances are dedicated Cubes, with a dedicated CPU, storage, and RAM. All data is stored on high-performance directly attached NVMe devices and encrypted at rest.
Network: Clusters can be accessed via private LANs.
DBaaS services offered by IONOS Cloud:
Our platform is responsible for all back-end operations required to maintain your database in optimal operational health.
- Database management via the DCD or the DBaaS API
- Configuring default values, for example for data replication and security related settings
- Automated backups for a period of 7 days
- Regular patches and upgrades during maintenance
- Disaster recovery via automated backup
- Service monitoring: both for the database and the underlying infrastructure
Customer database administration duties:
Tasks related to the optimal health of the database remain the responsibility of the customer. These include:
- Choosing an adequate sizing
- Data organisation
- Creation of indexes
- Updating statistics
- Consultation of access plans to optimise queries
- Cluster: The whole MongoDB cluster, currently equal to the replica set.
- Instance: A single server or replica set member inside a MongoDB cluster.